Salary dependent on experience plus performance-related bonus
Could you be our new experienced Account Manager to work in our brand, design and digital agency? We are looking for a team player to develop within an accomplished creative business with a great reputation.
You’ll join a friendly, talented team working with an exciting portfolio of regional, national and international clients. Optima are a forward-thinking agency, producing high-quality design solutions for over 25 years. We are looking for an Account Manager to build and maintain strong, long-lasting relationships with clients, taking a genuine interest in their organisations in order to fully understand their needs.
It’s an exciting, fast-paced agency environment. The team is extremely friendly and have a very collaborative way of working, sharing a varied and demanding workload. All Account Managers are assisted by the project support team to ensure we deliver exceptional customer service and by our studio of talented designers and developers to produce great solutions for our clients that get results.
You should have:
- Ideally at least two years’ experience working in a similar role at a creative/digital agency or have transferrable skills from an equally demanding client-facing/sales role with experience of commissioning design.
- A genuine passion for brand and design and be digitally savvy.
- An ability to listen and understand a client’s individual needs, their sector and the commercial challenges they face and be able to interpret their objectives into a design brief for the internal studio team.
- Demonstrable experience of nurturing relationships and building client accounts.
- Ability to negotiate and cross-sell agency services.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, written and verbal communication skills.
- Great organisational skills, be able to manage a portfolio of accounts as well as the project fine details and the ability to multi-task.
- Resilience, decisiveness and determination, with a focus on successful outcomes.
- Financial acumen, including regular forecasting and reporting for client accounts.
- Previous experience working with a CRM system and competency with Office suite and Adobe Acrobat for commenting
- A full UK driving license
- Ability to commit to a role based in Lincoln with working hours of 8.30am to 5.30pm. There is home working flexibility during COVID lockdown times but when we are able to work from the office the role will be based there.
- Manage a portfolio of client accounts.
- Gain a deep understanding of a client’s business and strategic objectives and develop creative briefs to answer these challenges, then work with our internal team in order to develop effective solutions, understand different client types and tailor their experiences to suit.
- Arrange regular meetings and communications with clients
- Be able to present work to clients, either in person or in writing
- Write briefs for each project and agree these with the client and the team ahead of commencing the work internally.
- Create accurate quotes and negotiate agreements to maximise profits.
- Working with the project support team, develop realistic and achievable timescales for projects, in line with the wider studio schedule.
- Act as the first point of contact for client questions and requests, with assistance from the project support team, who will be able to assist with day-to-day requests.
- Work with the project support team to monitor the progress of each project against the schedule and budget.
- Regularly update clients on the current work status of their projects.
- Conduct post-project reviews with the project teams, both internally and externally, to identify opportunities for improvement.
- Achieve and exceed agreed targets.
- Attend new client meetings/pitches and assist with tendering for new work as and when required
- Carry out regular forecasting for each client.
- Gain feedback from clients and share this with team members, in order to improve our service.
- Monitor the market to identify, develop and grow potential opportunities.
- Update and use the internal CRM systems to maintain client details, create quotes, and monitor project statuses.
- With direction from the Finance Director, ensure all client invoices and scheduled payments are settled on a timely basis
The deadline for applications is 5 March 2021.