1. About cookies
- A cookie is a file containing an identifier (a string of letters and numbers) that is sent by a web server to a web browser and is stored by the browser. The identifier is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server.
- Cookies may be either "persistent" cookies or "session" cookies: a persistent cookie will be stored by a web browser and will remain valid until its set expiry date, unless deleted by the user before the expiry date; a session cookie, on the other hand, will expire at the end of the user session, when the web browser is closed.
- Cookies do not typically contain any information that personally identifies a user, but personal information that we store about you may be linked to the information stored in and obtained from cookies.
2. Cookies that we use
(a) to help us to analyse the use and performance of our website and services
Cookie name Description Lifetime _ga Used to distinguish users 2 years _gid Used to distinguish users 24 hours _gat_UA-2422865-1 Used to throttle request rate Session
- Our website sets the following necessary cookies:
Cookie name Title Description Lifetime exp_csrf_token CSRF Token A security cookie used to identify the user and prevent Cross Site Request Forgery attacks. 7200 exp_flash Flash data User feedback messages, encrypted for security. 0 exp_remember Remember Me Determines whether a user is automatically logged in upon visiting the site. 1209600 exp_sessionid Session ID Session id, used to associate a logged in user with their data. 3600 exp_visitor_consents Visitor Consents Saves responses to Consent requests for non-logged in visitors 31104000
3. Managing cookies
- You can manage cookie preferences here.
- Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies and to delete cookies. The methods for doing so vary from browser to browser, and from version to version. You can however obtain up-to-date information about blocking and deleting cookies via these links:
(a) Chrome: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=en
(b) Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/enhanced-tracking-protection-firefox-desktop
(c) Opera: https://help.opera.com/en/latest/web-preferences/#cookies
(d) Safari: https://support.apple.com/en-gb/guide/safari/ibrw850f6c51/16.1/mac/13.0
(e) Edge: https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/windows/microsoft-edge-browsing-data-and-privacy-bb8174ba-9d73-dcf2-9b4a-c582b4e640dd
- Blocking all cookies will have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites.
- If you block cookies, you will not be able to use all the features on our website.