Join an award-winning agency who work for an exciting roster of clients ranging from small businesses to global brands including organisations such as the World Trade Organisation and World Heart Federation. Optima have been producing innovative, high-quality design solutions for clients for over 21 years, we are a very busy agency, which means that every member of the team needs to be adaptable, enthusiastic, passionate and committed to creating great work.
Competitive salary, dependent on experience
Our ambitious and growing web team are looking for a talented, creative Website Designer who can help deliver some exciting and challenging projects. We’re looking for a skilled, self-starting individual to work on a range of different digital projects for our forward-thinking business. You’ll be a key member of the team, collaborating closely with our account management, project management, digital and design teams.
Applicants should have
- A creative portfolio of front-end web design
- A talent for developing brands and brand campaigns in a digital environment
- A good understanding of UX principles
- At least 2 years of web design experience, preferably in an agency environment
- Experience working with CMS platforms (Expression Engine, Craft, Wordpress or others)
- Great HTML & CSS skills to realise your designs
- Proficiency in working with Adobe Creative cloud software and InVision to produce stunning website designs
- A great attention to detail
- Experiencing in testing and bug fixing
The ideal candidate would also have:
- Experience working with the Magento (or other eCommerce platforms)
- Experience developing campaigns and creative across all digital channels
- Animation and/or video skills to add another dimension to our website designs
The main responsibilities of the role are:
Produce creative and innovative design concepts that meet or surpass our client expectations
Ensure your work is of a high quality, effective and pushes creative boundaries
Work with the developer team to create sound websites
Collaborate directly with the wider team
Contribute directly to our technical direction.
Managing your own time and dealing with the pressures of tight deadlines.
Why work for Optima?
Our agency is genuinely a great place to work. We have a super-friendly, close-knit team located right in the centre of the charming city of Lincoln, close to the transport hub (and lots of lovely places to eat and drink!) In spring 2019 we are planning to move into our newly refurbished city centre offices that were once a popular city centre pub, full of character and quirky features. Working for us you’ll have access to training resources and courses, a Personal Development Plan with regular reviews and be part of a dynamic team sharing ideas and learning from one another. Plus, we provide our staff with a legendary end of year Christmas party!
How to apply:
Optima, 12 West Parade, Lincoln LN1 1JT