Competitive salary, dependent on experience.
Join an award-winning agency and work for an exciting roster of national and international brands. We have been producing high-quality design solutions for over 24 years. We are a very productive agency, so we’re looking for a team member who is adaptable, enthusiastic, passionate and committed to creating great work.
Our ambitious and growing web team are looking for a talented Web Developer who can help deliver some exciting and challenging projects in 2019. We’re looking for a skilled, motivated, developer to grow our existing team, working on a range of digital projects for our forward-thinking business. You’ll be a key member of the team, collaborating closely with our account management, project management, digital and design teams.
You should have:
- Minimum 1 year of commercial experience as a developer
- A solid grounding in PHP
- Experience in using responsive HTML and CSS
- Core understanding of good user experience and accessibility
- Exceptional problem solving and mathematical skills
- Competency in taking projects from brief to completion
- Ability to communicate confidently with the team and clients
- An excellent eye for detail
- A fun and positive attitude.
Ideally you would have:
- Exceptional PHP (OOP) Knowledge
- Familiarity with Version Control
- An understanding of Node.js and WebSocket
- Worked with APIs
- Experience with Drupal, Magento and ExpressionEngine
- Knowledge of MVC frameworks, such as CodeIgniter, Laravel, etc.
Your main responsibilities for this role are:
- Create digital solutions that meet or surpass our client expectations
- Ensure your work is of a high quality, efficient, and works across a range of devices
- Identify and fix bugs, work on ad-hoc amends and feature requests for existing projects
- Collaborate directly with the wider team
- Contribute directly to our technical direction
- Managing your own time and dealing with the pressures of tight deadlines
- Ability to accurately reproduce designs.
Why work for Optima?
Our agency is genuinely a great place to work. We have a super-friendly, close-knit team located right in the centre of the charming city of Lincoln, close to the transport hub (and lots of lovely places to eat and drink!). In spring 2019 we are moving into our newly refurbished city centre offices which were once a popular city centre pub, full of character and quirky features. Working for us you’ll have access to training resources and courses, a Personal Development Plan with regular reviews and be part of a dynamic team sharing ideas and learning from one another. Plus, we provide our staff with a legendary end of year Christmas party!
Optima, 12 West Parade, Lincoln LN1 1JT