Optima are a fast-paced, forward-thinking, award-winning, full-service graphic design agency based in the city of Lincoln, with a local, national and international client base. We are recruiting for the following role:
Salary: dependent on experience
Join an award-winning agency who work internationally for organisations such as the University of Oxford, the World Trade Organisation and the World Heart Federation.
Our ambitious and growing web team are looking for a talented Junior Developer who can help deliver some exciting and challenging projects in 2018.
Based in the city of Lincoln we have been producing high-quality design solutions for clients ranging from small businesses to global brands for over 22 years. We are a very busy agency, which means that every member of the team needs to be adaptable, enthusiastic, passionate and committed to creating great work. You need to be efficient, have initiative and be confident to contribute solutions. You should be experienced in managing your own time and dealing with the pressures of tight deadlines.
Applicants should have:
- Minimum 1 year of commercial experience as a developer
- A solid grounding in PHP
- Experience in using responsive HTML and CSS
- Core understanding of good user experience and accessibility
- Exceptional problem solving and mathematical skills
- Competency in taking projects from brief to completion
- Ability to communicate confidently with the team and clients
- An excellent eye for detail
- A fun and positive attitude.
Ideal candidates would have:
- Exceptional PHP (OOP) Knowledge
- Familiarity with Version Control
- An understanding of Node.js and WebSocket
- Experience using React
- Worked with APIs
- Experience with Drupal, Magento and ExpressionEngine
- Knowledge of MVC frameworks, such as CodeIgniter, Zend, etc.
The benefits you would receive:
- A shiny new 27” iMac
- 20 days holiday, plus bank holidays
- Overtime paid at time and a half
- A Personal Development Plan with regular reviews
- Access to training resources and courses
- Being part of a dynamic team of developers sharing ideas and learning from one another
- A Christmas Party full of festive hilarities
If you’re a self-motivated, enthusiastic, team player, who is deadline aware, pays excellent attention to detail and has good time management skills, then we would love to meet you.
Optima, 12 West Parade, Lincoln LN1 1JT
Closing Date: 18 December 2017 (interviews week commencing 2 January 2018)