Competitive salary, dependent on experience.
Join our award-winning team, working for an exciting roster of national and international clients. We are a forward-thinking agency and have been producing high-quality design solutions for over 26 years. We are looking for self-motivated and adaptable Web Developers to complement our ambitious and growing digital team. You will be helping us deliver some exciting and challenging projects. A key member of the team, collaborating closely with our account management, project management, digital and design staff to provide clients with the very best solutions. We are here to help support and develop you.
You should have:
- Minimum 1 year of commercial experience as a developer
- A solid grounding in PHP
- Experience in using responsive HTML and CSS
- Core understanding of good user experience and accessibility
- Exceptional problem solving and mathematical skills
- Competency in taking projects from brief to completion
- Ability to communicate confidently with the team and clients
- An excellent eye for detail
- A fun and positive attitude.
- Ideally you would have:
- Exceptional PHP (OOP) Knowledge
- Familiarity with Version Control
- An understanding of Node.js and WebSocket
- Worked with APIs
- You may have experience with Drupal, Magento, WordPress and ExpressionEngine
- Knowledge of MVC frameworks, such as CodeIgniter, Laravel, etc. is beneficial.
Your main responsibilities for this role are:
- Create digital solutions that meet or surpass our client expectations
- Ensure your work is of a high quality, efficient, and works across a range of devices
- Identify and fix bugs, work on ad-hoc amends and feature requests for existing projects
- Collaborate directly with the wider team
- Contribute directly to our technical direction
- Managing your own time and dealing with the pressures of tight deadlines
- Ability to accurately reproduce designs.
Why work for Optima?
Our agency is genuinely a great place to work! We have a super-friendly, close-knit team located right in the centre of the charming city of Lincoln, close to the transport hub (and lots of lovely places to eat and drink!). Earlier this year we moved to newly refurbished offices which were once a popular pub with a thriving music scene, so our place is, full of character and quirky features. As well as working in this inspiring environment, you’ll have access to training resources and courses, a Personal Development Plan with regular reviews and be part of a dynamic team sharing ideas and learning from one another. Plus, we provide our staff with a legendary end of year Christmas party! Not this year… but next will be great!